Credentials: MS, PhD
Position title: Associate professor
- Population Health Sciences
Peppard conducts NIH-funded epidemiologic research into the causes and consequences of sleep disorders and sleep behaviors including the impact insufficient sleep on metabolic disturbance and weight gain; the behavioral (e.g., physical inactivity, weight gain, alcohol use) and genetic predictors of sleep apnea; and, outcomes of sleep disorders (e.g., cardiovascular, cognitive dysfunction, depression). Other areas of research interest include health disparities, summary measures of population health, population health monitoring, and the association of the human microbiome and health.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, BS, mathematics
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, MS, preventive medicine
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, MS, statistics
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, PhD, epidemiology