Initial blood sample testing
Biospecimens are shipped in a timely manner for immediate testing and reporting. The following tests (at a minimum) are run on these samples:
- Complete blood cell count with differential
- Serum glucose
- Serum cholesterol
- Serum high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
- Serum triglycerides
- Serum creatinine
- Serum glycosylated hemoglobin (hemoglobin A1c)
- C-reactive protein (beginning in 2021)
For more details on the available results, please refer to the “Lab Results” survey topic in our Codebooks. Some of these results are also available as part of our 2008-2013 Public Use Data; relevant variables have the prefix “LAB_”.
We have additional data from investigators who have analyzed our biospecimens for their own research and shared the results back with us. We have laboratory test results on:
- Perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Multidrug resistant organisms (MDROs)
For more details on the last two bullet points, please refer to the “C Diff” and “Drug Resistant Organisms” survey topics in our Codebooks. Otherwise, please request a consultation if you are interested in these data.