In May 2020, the SHOW program launched its COVID-19 Community Impact Survey.
As a public health data infrastructure, we understand how an infectious disease outbreak can impact nearly all aspects of life.
The SHOW program pivoted our resources to create a population health survey to collect information on how the pandemic affects health as a whole.
For preliminary findings and detailed survey methods, see our pre-print publication.
- The data set includes, and is not limited to:
- Health status and perceptions of COVID-19 risk
- COVID-19 exposures, testing
- Lifestyle and coping strategy changes – hobbies, physical activity, etc.
- Employment changes – change in job status, industry information
- Economic hardship – food security – use of benefits
- Emotional and mental health screeners
- Access to health care – health care utilization – pre-existing conditions
- Health promotion/prevention behaviors
- Caregiving and impacts on family’s well-being – child and adult caregiving impacts
(instruments may vary slightly between survey iterations, below are the survey instruments as they were included in each survey year listed)