COVID-19 Community Impact Survey
In May 2020, the SHOW program launched its COVID-19 Community Impact Survey.
As a public health data infrastructure, we understand how an infectious disease outbreak can impact nearly all aspects of life.
The SHOW program pivoted our resources to create a population health survey to collect information on how the pandemic affects health as a whole.
About the Survey
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
The data set includes, and is not limited to:
- Health status and perceptions of COVID-19 risk
- COVID-19 exposures, testing
- Lifestyle and coping strategy changes
- hobbies, physical activity, etc.
- Employment changes
- change in job status, industry information
- Economic hardship
- food security
- use of benefits
- Emotional and mental health screeners
- Access to health care
- health care utilization
- pre-existing conditions
- Health promotion/prevention behaviors
- Caregiving and impacts on family’s well-being
- child and adult caregiving impacts
We invited 5,502 past SHOW participants to take an online survey.
- 1,377 completed from late May through June 2020
- Come from all across Wisconsin
All information is de-identified.
Note that final sample sizes may be lower than 1,377 due to missing responses.
Three waves of data collection are planned.
- May – June 2020
- complete and available
- January-February 2021
- projected data availability: summer 2021
- one-year follow-up
- June 2021
- projected data availability: winter 2021
Accessing the COVID-19 Public Use Data:
Getting access to SHOW’s COVID-19 public use data is simple. Send us an email at email@example.com to get started.
What do I receive?
Once you complete the survey, you will have immediate access to:
- de-identified data sets (in multiple formats)
- formatting information and files
- annotated survey questionnaire
- analytic notes
- variable codebook with summary statistics
- methodology notes
Keep checking this page for data updates!
3 total waves are planned for the COVID-19 Community impact survey.
Wave 2 data collection is complete. We look forward to sharing the data in summer 2021!
Wave 3 is tentatively planned for May/June 2021.
As new data is released and shared, we will email the current data users.